Be prepared for delays if you head to the Palm Beach County Tax Collector’s office on Tuesday.
In a post on its website, the office warns that because it was closed Thursday and Friday for Hurricane Matthew and Monday for Columbus Day, when its doors open at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday, customers can expect longer wait times then and throughout the rest of the week.
The Tax Collector’s office offers these tips to cut your wait time:
• Do as much of your business online as you can. Customers can go to http://www.pbctax.com to renew vehicle registrations, pay delinquent business taxes and make driver’s license appointments.
• Plan your visit. The Tax Collector’s office says lines can form as early as 7 a.m., and peak times include the lunch hour.
• Make sure you have all needed documents before you leave your house. If you’re getting a READ ID, you can download a checklist here.
• Use a Service Center drop box for your payment.
• Check the Tax Collector’s office website for wait times, or text “waitpbc” to 41411 for updates sent to your cellphone.
For more information, go to the Palm Beach County Tax Collector’s website.